2016 Tax Information
2016 RHA Oregon Non-Deductible Dues Notice
The Rental Housing Alliance Oregon is a 501(c)(6) corporation. As such, we are allowed to lobby to influence legislation. A portion of the annual dues are utilized for lobbying activities on behalf of our members.
Your membership dues payments may be tax deductible as a necessary trade or business expense. The portion of your dues utilized for lobbying activities is not deductible.
Dues paid to the Rental Housing Alliance Oregon are not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as a business expense; however, the RHA Oregon estimates that 15% of the dues payment is not deductible as a business expense because of RHA Oregon’s lobbying activities on behalf of its members.
The figure shown above represents the portion of your 2016 dues utilized for lobbying activities at both the state and local level.
Please consult with your tax advisor regarding the proper treatment of your dues for income tax purposes.
2017 is RHA's 90th year in Oregon! Look how far we've come.
The Value of Being a Member
With over 1,800 members, most of whom are small business landlords, the RHA has set the standard in Oregon for the housing industry. Here are just some of the benefits of joining:
- Stay current with the Rental Alliance Update, our monthly magazine with industry trends, changes in the law, the RHA Dinner Meeting schedules, and a complete list of our vendors who support the RHA. A complete calendar of our classes is in the magazine, as well as professional tips.
- The RHA is an active group of members and industry vendors. We have activities every week from classes, dinner meetings, socials, networking opportunities, and ways to serve the community.
- Forms, Forms, Forms: The RHA keeps our members current with most currently revised rental and lease forms for use by landlords throughout the state of Oregon, both in hard copy and online.
- The RHA offers tenant screening for its members available both online 24hrs/day and by office staff at your convenience.
- RHA has the best government representation and allows our members to stay up to date with new and proposed legislation affecting your business. RHA has been the venue for local, city, and state leaders to address our membership.