The Value of Being a Member
With over 2,000 members, most of whom are small business landlords, RHA Oregon has set the standard in Oregon for the housing industry. Here are just some of the benefits of joining:
- Stay current with the Rental Alliance Update, our monthly newsletter with industry trends, law change information, and a schedule of upcoming RHA Oregon events.
- RHA Oregon is an active group of members and industry vendors. We have activities every week which include education, dinner meetings, socials, networking opportunities, mentor round tables and ways to serve the community.
- Forms, Forms, Forms: RHA Oregon keeps its members current with the most currently revised rental forms for use by landlords throughout the state of Oregon. Forms are available in both hard copy and downloadable form.
- RHA Oregon offers reduced pricing on tenant screening services for its members available online 24 hrs/day through National Tenant Network.
- RHA Oregon has government representation and keeps its members up-to-date with new and proposed legislation affecting their business. RHA Oregon has a lobbyist that works at the state level and a government affairs committee that works at the local, city & county, levels.
*Attention Rental Housing Alliance Members*
The Rental Housing Alliance Oregon is a 501(c)(6) corporation. As such, we are allowed to lobby to influence legislation. A portion of the annual dues are utilized for lobbying activities on behalf of our members.
Your membership dues payments may be tax deductible as a necessary trade or business expense. The portion of your dues utilized for lobbying activities is not deductible.
Dues paid to the Rental Housing Alliance Oregon are not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as a business expense; however, the RHA Oregon estimates that 15.87% of the dues payment is not deductible as a business expense because of RHA Oregon’s lobbying activities on behalf of its members.
The figure shown above represents the portion of your 2020 dues utilized for lobbying activities at both the state and local level.
Please consult with your tax advisor regarding the proper treatment of your dues for income tax purposes.
Want more information on Regular Membership?
Want more information on Affiliate Membership?
Want more information on Dual Membership?
Want more information on Premium Membership?
*Please note that RHAOregon By-laws state that Property Management Companies must hold a Dual membership